Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 1

I arrived tired from a long flight only for my employers and I to miss each other at the airport. Fortunately, I had met and made a French-Burundian friend at my layover in Addis Abeba and him and his family brought me to the office. Not only did they bring me to the office, but he lend me a cell phone I can use until I buy one, took me to a good place to exchange money and gave me a lot of advice about Burundi. Along with him, today I met some of his friends and some of the staff of LFW who were all friendly.

Bujumbura is completly flat, hot and not very crowded. There are no street lights and so there is a lot of honking. It is charming in its own way. I have only been here a few hours so these impressions are of course very simplistic but I am definetly looking forward to learning and exploring the city. In two weeks, I will be heading to Riyugi, the field place of the LFW.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Luwam.....I'm glad to hear that you are having a great time.

    The quote about the daddys not eating at night made me really sad :( is it b/c of poverty????

    what is nido?? aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh lizards.....remember India.

    Lastly, you MUST bring me a sari...:) a really nice. do they also wear the other type of Indain outfit...the suit (pants with long shirt)??

    I LOVE YOU & let me know if you need anything.

    God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. allo hey meron u need to go back to africa u dunt knoe what NIDO IS!!! well i had a though time remembering what it was but now i do and i am jealous i used to eat it straight out the can yummmmmm well k by the way ur slacking ur like 2 weeks behind on ur blog mademoiselle

    ReplyDelete