Thursday, October 22, 2009

4 day week again!


Yesterday (wed), we had another day off work for a Burundian holiday. I went up to Ijenda, about an hour outside of Bujumbura. It was COLD but really pretty. Last sunday, I went on the lake with my boss and his kids on my boss' motor boat. It was fun and the lake is really pretty and clean esp in the middle. The lake wasn't very calm though so at times it felt like you were on a roller coaster...and the next day my back and butt were really sore! I also got a new hairstyle-- lots of people have it here, esp kids,-twists with wool which kinda look like dreads (see pic)

I 've been in Buja for two weeks now, but next tuesday I 'll be going back to the field with one of our visisting donor representatives. Hopefully, she ll be pleased with our projects. Also, my return back home is approaching quickly. I am very happy because I 'll be able to stay home for three weeks which will give me time to hang out and see a lot of people. Oddly enough though, home feels far away and I wonder what it will be like to be home and come back here. I remember when I was on the plane here (really tired) I tried to figure out what my life would be like here and I was drawing a complete blank. I have to admit for a short moment before the plane landed I thought to myself: What are you doing, and had a moment of sheer panic. I was thinking I am not the type of person that's made for this but surprisingly enough I realize now that I am the right type of person for something like this. Anyways, I have to start doing some serious shopping for things to take back home and I am already thinking about what I would like to bring back from home. This time around it will be much easier deciding what to pack.


















2 comments:

  1. mmm I see u found a solutin to your hair..Post more pics..I wanna see the front. it looks great..:) my roomie got the same style two months ago!!!

    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair! I've been trying to keep up with your posts...it looks like things are going really well for you! I love the quotes on the side of the page...they could be in a book...which you might one day write! Best of luck with the rest of your stay!

    ReplyDelete